A good quality product will start with the finest raw materials and ingredients available in the marketplace. There are many grades of raw materials available for nutritional product manufacturers.
Active ingredients may vary according to where the plant was grown, what part of the plant is being used, how the plant was harvested , and even how the plant was stored. Some harvests can have many more contaminants and impurities than others.
Herbal ingredients should be stored where humidity is low and away from heat. This helps to maintain potency and avoid mold or other contamination.
The manufacturer should always require a "Certificate of Assay" from the supplier of raw materials. Testing should also be done to assure the Assay standard is correct.
Manufacturers of High Quality Products should have the following guidelines:
- Accurate Record Keeping to track processing procedures.
- Testing of finished products to include shelf life of months and years.
- Low Temperature or Cold-Processing to avoid overheating from friction in processing. Most companies "stew" their ingredients so that they can compress them into tablets. A good company uses little heat or no heat if possible to keep from destroying enzymes and other nutrients that work toward absorbing into the system. This is a more costly process, but it will give better results since it saves enzymes and nutrients.
- Pharmaceutically manufactured in such a way to avoid common fillers used in most vitamins. Fillers are used so a pharmaceutical process of geometric dilution can be performed which means the raw material are properly blended to assure each tablet contains the exact amount of each advertised nutrient. A better option is a phytonutrient base of over 30 different fruit, vegetable and enzyme concentrates which adds to the potency.
- Natural as possible is the best policy. Having no dyes, preservatives, yeast or other ingredients that are not a useful part of the supplement.
- Proper Dissolution Rate is important. If a product takes too long to break down or breaks down at the wrong time the value of the product is greatly reduced.
- Proper pH Balance supplies maximum value. Particular enzymes work best in acid and others in alkaline. An enzyme product must be at the correct pH for best results.
- Synergy is necessary for products to be considered high quality. Vitamin C alone does not work as well as if it has bioflavonoids added. The blending of ingredients should increase the effectiveness of each one. Synergistically combined would mean that each ingredient gives more than the total of each by itself.
- Having a reputation with years of Experience results in producing the very best formulas.
- Phyto-nutrient Base should be included with concentrations of plants, fruits, and vegetables when fillers are needed to hold tablets together.
More on Phytonutrients
- Active Enzymes helps the digestive tract absorb nutrients. Enzymes keeps mucous along the wall lining from hindering absorption. This allows the nutrients from the product to more easily pass through the intestinal wall and into the blood stream.
More on Enzymes
- Small Batch Processing as needed assures that the supplement is fresh and has not been sitting on the shelf or in the warehouse for many months.
Life Plus is the only nutritional company we know that uses all of these quality manufacturing processes in the making of their products. The Life Plus products are standardized. The ingredients are Certified by the broker to be free of pesticides. Life Plus tests all ingredients and has made a rule of purchasing the most natural and potent herbals available for their various compounds.
CLICK HERE - PRODUCT LISTING
Custom made (one of a kind machines) are designed especially for Life Plus to minimize any friction during the manufacturing process.
The Olive Branch, P.O. Box 1425, Lawrenceville, Ga. 30046
GO to HOME PAGE